Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A quirky moment...

I forgot to mention the "highlight" of my highlight at LA's Union Station... Some guy who claims he is retired and before used to purportedly work for Exxon-Mobil sold me a gold chain. He claims it is 18k-gold and said the pawnshop offered him $70 for it, but he didn't have 2 forms of ID, as they required. And he really needed some cigarettes and a drink. So I refused for $20, refused for $15, and for $10 I obliged. Even if it's a scam--which it likely is--this may help me swindle the bribetakers in places like Laos or Russia. Time will tell...

The good news is that a chain has the 18k probe on it. Hopefully this is real. But, again, it probably is fake, at least that's what my experience and intuition claims.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yura, ya ved' tebe eshe mesyac nazad govoril "ne pokypai y neznakomuh" kak Ipod y 4ernogo (polomannui) ili kak ya v Pekine kypil otkrutki (a sda4y dali ryblyami i fal'shuvumi yuanyami).
Remember:Can't trust anyone!
S vzyatkami ostorojnee-za eto amerikanca mogyt posadit' v rossii-dlya pravokacii.

Unknown said...

Molodez, Yurka!
esli tebe po doroge eshe vdrug ktoto predlojit vorovannuyu shubku krasivuju, to obyazatel'no voz'mi dlya moej zheny - ona ochen' ljubit shinshilok:)
Udachi!!!