Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kuala Lumpur Continued...
















I was lucky enough to secure one of the 1,000 or so free tickets up to the Petronas Towers, but that came at a hefty price nonetheless: waking up at 7 a.m. just to be at the Towers by 8. Since there's not that much to do in KL as far as tourist attractions go, I was really happy I got to rise to the 44th floor SkyBridge that connects the two towers. And the fact that it was free only made it better. The towers are truly an architectural feat.
An interesting note is that I ended up meeting Vladimir Yarets, who is the deaf motorcyclist trying to set a world record by driving through the most countries. I met him the day before in downtown KL when I was walking in the direction of my hostel. He travels the world on his motorcycle, as he has been doing so far countless years, and survives in part thanks to genorous philantrophists such as myself who donate a few pennies here and there for gasoline. Alas, the only picture we have together is on his camera, but I did manage to take a picture of the banner on his motorcycle saying that he has traveled to 70 countries and another picture of his travels around the USSR, which is included here.

No comments: