Thursday, March 5, 2009

Excellent Customer Service

Kudos to the Financial Times for providing exceptional customer service.

Here's what happened:

Much to my surprise, I failed to receive today's issue. After deciding to call the circulation desk in New York, I was on hold for less than a minute before being connected to a representative. I explained my situation to him, and he asked me what my name was. I replied that I purchased the subscription through a reseller, and the subscription is probably under his name, so I opted to give my address instead.

In about a minute, the subscription was found, and I was put on hold for another minute.

Then the operator explained that the re-seller, which I had found via eBay, was actually a fraud. This is why my subscription was cancelled. But before I had a chance to ask, he told me that since it's not my fault, my subscription will be resumed the next business day.

And as for the missing issue? Well, I would be given complimentary access to the FT.com, where the whole issue is available in PDF format.

Kudos to the FT for exceeding this customer's expectations. A great business paper with great customer service, period.

No comments: