Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Riverdance Spectacle

I had no idea it would be this good.

In fact, I've only merely and randomly heard of Riverdance before, kind of the way most people hear of Aflac and immediately think of that inane yet humorous duck from television. Indeed, all I knew about Riverdance is that, well, the group dances.

Luckily, now I have much more than rudimentary knowledge about this theatrical show, which consists of traditional, fast-paced Irish step dancing. Arms and legs are largely kept stationary, and the group has been performing for 15 years now to standing ovations worldwide.

Even more lucky for me, the only reason I ended up going to the show this past Thursday at the Rosemont Theatre is that I obtained six complimentary tickets from my parents, who in turn obtained them via a family friend. Thanks!

I highly recommend this show for anyone who wants to get an instant burst of adrenaline. Actually, I recommend this for anyone who likes not only the aforementioned, but also world-class performances, excellent music, and amazingly synchronized dancing at its best. Riverdance, quite simply, contains all of these in abundance.

Don't miss it.

No comments: